JumpCO Digital (Pty) Ltd (“JumpCO Digital” or “we” or “our”) respects our users’ privacy and will not collect, use, store or distribute personal information without your permission.
1. Why collect user information?
We need to collect personal information about our users to allow us to do the following:
- Set up and maintain user accounts;
- Keep track of users’ progress;
- Present assessments to users at the correct level and store the results;
- Generate progress reports for use by users and/or schools and/or parents or guardians;
- Assist users with their use of the Platform; and
- Develop new material for the Platform.
2. What information will we collect?
In order to identify users, provide activities, assessments and tests, track users’ use and progress, and generate reports for use by them and/or their school and/or their parent or guardian, the following minimum information is required to be provided by either the user (if he or she is 18 years or older), the user’s parent or guardian, or the user’s school if registration of the user on the Platform is done by the school:
A. Personal information:
- First and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Grade (if applicable);
- Username and password;
- Student identification number (if applicable);
- Details of school (if applicable);
- Details of parent or guardian providing consent (if applicable);
- Email address of the user (if the user is 18 years or older); and
- Email addresses of schools and parents or guardians (in the case of learners).
B. Activity information:
- Users’ responses to questions, activities, assignments, tests and assessments; and
- Time spent by users on completing the questions, activities, assignments, tests and assessments.
3. How do we collect user information?
After downloading the software application (or “app”), we will require you to create an account which will consist of a username and password. In order to access and use the contents of the app, a subscription is required. During the registration and subscription process, we will ask you or your school, parent or guardian (if you are younger than 18 years old) to provide us with the personal information as referred to above.
South African legislation (specifically the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013) requires anyone collecting information concerning a child to first obtain the consent of a competent person, being a person who is entitled to agree (consent) on behalf of the child to do so. We take this duty seriously and will not collect, use, store or distribute any personal information of a child without the consent of his/her guardian or parent. This consent may be given directly by the guardian or parent or obtained from the parent or guardian by the school. The Platform will request that a parent or guardian be identified as a ‘nominated adult’ for the purposes of consenting to the collection, handling and storage of personal information of a user who is younger than 18 years old.
If the user, or nominated adult (where relevant), fails or refuses to provide the necessary information during the registration and subscription process, the user will not be allowed to access and use the Platform.
4. What will we do with the information collected from and/or about the user?
We will use the information to register the user on the Platform and to provide the user with access to the platform, which includes but is not limited to, e-learning materials, activities, testing, assessments at the appropriate level, and feedback.
We will never disclose your personal information to any third party without your prior consent. Please note that JumpCO Digital may have to allow certain third-party contractors access to the information for development purposes, but will ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to safeguard your information.
5. Where is the information stored?
The information collected is stored on secure servers and the utmost care is taken to ensure the security and integrity of the information at all times. However, due to the nature of electronic sites and communications, protection against unlawful access by third parties to information cannot be absolutely guaranteed, despite our best efforts.
6. Can I access and/or correct user information?
It is the responsibility of the user or competent person to provide us with the correct information concerning the user and we cannot be held liable for any consequences arising from a failure to do so.
The user (if he or she is 18 years or older) or the user’s parent or guardian, having provided adequate proof of identity, also has a right to request JumpCO Digital (Pty) Ltd to update, correct or review the personal information collected about the user. Should personal information need to be changed or updated, you may email us at email@example.com.
8. Contact us
Should you have any questions regarding our information collection, handling or storage processes, please contact us at:
JumpCO Digital (Pty) Ltd
Tel: +27 11 431 1666
Suite 106, Block B
Cnr Judges and Beyers Naudé Drive